Application deadline: Friday, April 5, 2019
Notification of acceptance: Friday, April 19, 2019
Applicants for the Summer Intensive should be:
- Early career faculty members interested in community engaged research or community engaged teaching and learning
- Advanced graduate or professional students who seek faculty or staff positions upon graduation
Applicants should demonstrate a commitment to:
- Research or teaching that contributes to their discipline while making a positive impact on the general public, communities, or stakeholders external to the university
- Learn more about the scholarly principles and practices of community engagement
- Incorporate community partners' knowledge and voice into their scholarship
- Publish their community engaged scholarship in peer reviewed journals
- Communicate their engaged work to community partners, stakeholders, policy-makers, and the general public
- Develop their own community engagement plan of action
- Participate in an interdisciplinary learning community of colleagues committed to community engaged scholarship
Successful applicants should come ready to spend four and half days at this academic retreat, reading, writing, and strategizing about their community engagement commitments and crafting a plan of action for when they return to campus.
A complete application includes the online application form (where you will include your short biography and statement of interest) and nomination form by your faculty mentor or department chair.